2018 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
- The Toyota RAV4 offers dynamic torque control as part of its all-wheel drive (AWD) system to monitor and distribute engine power to the wheels that need it most in order to maximize traction and control. You’ll also find premium suspension components, including blue shocks up front that deliver an excellent driving experience. Its 176 hp 2.5L 4-cylinder DOHC engine delivers excellent fuel economy, especially with driver-selectable modes.
- The Volkswagen Tiguan’s 4MOTION® all-wheel drive system with multiple driving modes also delivers excellent performance thanks to its 184 hp 2.0L TSI® engine.
- The 2018 Toyota RAV4’s interior features heated and power adjustable front seats, HomeLink® with frameless rearview mirror and power moonroof, and an integrated navigation system to get you from A to B with minimal fuss. Both vehicles offer excellent technological and creature comfort features.
- The 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan offers a number of advanced technologies, including the available 12.3” Volkswagen digital cockpit display system that personalizes itself to the driver’s preferences and features a wide map navigation view. You’ll also find the App-Connect system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in addition to an available Fender® premium audio system.
- The 2018 RAV4 offers Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), an integrated system featuring Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision with Pedestrian Detection, and Automatic High Beams.
- The 2018 Tiguan features a robust safety cage with front and rear crumple zones to protect interior passengers, an Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS), Automatic Post-Collision Braking, and a variety of stability-enhancing systems including EBD and ESC.
Both the RAV4 and the Tiguan are excellent choices. If you want more raw power, the Tiguan has the edge in the horsepower department, while the RAV4 is more focused on efficiency and comfort. Either way, you’ll well-equipped for road trips and morning commutes alike.
Still doing research? Find out how the latest RAV4 compares to the Honda CR-V.