Toyota Mirai vs Honda Clarity
2017 Toyota Mirai
2017 Honda Clarity
If you’re a Santa Monica-based driver in the market for the car that more than any other reduces emissions and maximizes efficiency, then you probably already know that the Toyota Mirai is your best option. Not only does it run on new hydrogen-cell technology, meaning that it generates absolutely pollution compared to a typical gas or even hybrid vehicle, but it also boasts a selection of extra technologies and design specs that add to its allure. Just compare it to a competitor, the 2017 Honda Clarity, to see what makes the new Toyota Mirai so unique.
Go the Distance with Mirai Efficiency
First, let’s learn a bit more about the Toyota Mira’s efficiency ratings.
- 2017 Toyota Mirai – Because it is able to run solely on hydrogen, the Mirai is capable of emitting 0 pollutants, yet you won’t have to give up on power or range either, as the Mirai also boasts 312 EPA-related miles per fuel fill**.
- 2017 Honda Clarity – The Clarity is also a fuel-cell vehicle, meaning it also produces no emissions. In this regard, these two vehicles are fairly similar; however, the Toyota Mirai sets itself apart in other important ways as described below.
Stay Safe on Los Angeles Highways
Moreover, the Toyota Mirai boasts a more comprehensive suite of Toyota safety features.
- 2017 Toyota MIrai – Enjoy a slew of safety technologies, including Safety Connect, Lane Departure Alert, eight airbags, and a unique body design and structure.
- 2017 Honda Claritywhile the Clarity gives you some decent safety systems, too, it doesn’t provide the precise set you’ll find in the Mirai, or the Toyota’s distinctive design.
Help the Environment and Your Wallet
To seal the deal, the Toyota Mirai offers all this for less of a down payment than that of the Honda Clarity.
- 2017 Toyota Mirai – If you’re leasing, the Mirai will cost $349 a month for 36 months with a down payment of $2,499***, or you can pay the MSRP of $57,500* outright.
- 2017 Honda Clarity – The Clarity, on the other hand, will require $2,868 at the signing, and you’ll be paying $369 a month during the lease period.
Test Drive the 2017 Toyota Mirai Today
Here’s the last thing — you don’t even have to take our word for this. Instead, stop by our Toyota Santa Monica dealership in order to take the Mirai out for a spin on your own. Contact us using this simple online form, and also don’t fail to explore the financing options we offer. Then, waste no more time — visit Toyota Santa Monica today for the best in efficiency with the 2017 Toyota Mirai!
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee of $865 for Cars, $940 for Small/Medium Trucks (Sienna, RAV4 Gas, RAV4 Hybrid, Highlander Gas, Highlander Hybrid, 4Runner and Tacoma), $1,095 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,195 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. Tax, Title, Tags and Dealer documentation fee of $80 not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser.
**2017 EPA-estimated 67 city/67 highway/67 combined MPGe for Mirai and 312-mile driving range. Actual mileage will vary. Range measurement pursuant to SAE J2601 standards (ambient temperature: 20°C; hydrogen tank pressure when fueled: 70 MPa). Fueling time varies with hydrogen fueling pressure and ambient temperature.
***Offer valid from 09/22/16 through 01/02/17 or until all new 2017 Mirai vehicle stock is sold, whichever comes first. Available only on approved credit to very well-qualified applicants through participating Toyota dealers and Toyota Financial Services on new 2017 Mirai. Offer based on MSRP of $57,500 + $865 for delivery, processing and handling and 12,000 miles/year limit. Monthly payment may vary depending on final negotiated price of vehicle and other amounts you qualify to finance, and your credit qualifications. See dealer for vehicle and lease program details. Offer only available in CA for customers residing in CA within close proximity of an operating hydrogen station. Toyota Financial Services is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC). TMCC is the authorized attorney-in-fact and servicer for Toyota Lease Trust.