How to Reset Maintenance Light on the Toyota Camry
Almost all vehicles utilize maintenance lights to let you know when it’s time to schedule service, but the systems themselves aren’t totally immune to error. If the warning light in your Camry stays on after you have received the service you needed, it may be time for a hard reset. Learn how to reset the maintenance light on your Toyota Camry by following the steps below!
Turn Off the Maintenance Light: Toyota Camry
If you’ve followed your Toyota recommended maintenance schedule, but you’re still seeing a warning light, it’s perfectly reasonable for you to feel a little frustration. Thankfully, learning how to turn off the maintenance light on Toyota Camry models doesn’t take long:
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to position one. Don’t start the car yet.
- Press and hold the odometer button. While you’re pressing the button, turn the key to position two. Your engine should still be dormant.
- With the key in position two, continue to hold down the odometer for another ten seconds.
- The maintenance light in your Camry should flash for a moment, and in some cases, it will also beep. After a few moments, it should turn off automatically.
- Now, with the maintenance light turned off, remove your finger from the odometer button and start the car. Your Camry maintenance light should now be off.
If this process doesn’t turn off your maintenance light, repeat the process once or twice more before you seek the help of an expert. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
If you end up paying us a visit, make sure to check out our rotating selection of service specials before you make an appointment. While you’re here, you’ll be able to take advantage of our exceptional service amenities.
Receive Toyota Camry Service at Toyota Santa Monica
No matter what problem you’re facing, the team at Toyota Santa Monica can help! We’re just a short drive from Playa Vista or Venice, and since we offer Toyota Express Maintenance service, there’s no reason to wait. Schedule service today to get the help you need.
If the Camry isn’t the only Toyota vehicle in your family, you might also want to learn how to reset the maintenance light on the Toyota Corolla.