Global Green is an organization that’s focused on creating a “global value shift” in the direction of environmental sustainability. The three pillars of the organization’s focus include people, places, and the planet. Global Green currently has a number of vital projects designed to help make cities and neighborhoods more sustainable. Read on to learn more about the Global Green organization’s efforts in the Santa Monica area and how you can do your small part to make the world more sustainable by following these 5 tips to become more fuel-efficient, exploring hydrogen fuel, and more.
Global Green Santa Monica
Global Green has been recognized by the City of Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce with the prestigious Excellence in Social Responsibility Award. This award demonstrates the value that Global Green adds to the Santa Monica community thanks to its environmental sustainability programs. Global Green in Santa Monica is supported by a number of partners, including the City of Santa Monica and Toyota.
Global Green Projects
Global Green continues to work with public agencies, design firms, nonprofits, and communities to help develop more sustainably built environments. Here’s a snapshot of the most vital Global Green projects currently underway:
- Green Building Climate and Energy Programs: These programs focus on California cities, climate action plans, and Green Building Program guides that help to deliver LEED solutions to a variety of communities.
- LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND): This program helps housing developers create sustainable properties.
- Sustainable Neighborhood Assessments: To support communities across the country, this program helps to develop neighborhood assessments for LEED housing.
- Greening Affordable Housing: Housing affordability goes hand-in-hand with environmental sustainability.
- Clean Equitable Mobility: This program focuses on developing a robust bike sharing program in Los Angeles.
- Resource Recovery: This program transforms waste into resources by working closely with the private sector.
Global Green Events
Past events at the Global Green organization include Pre-Oscar Parties, USA’s Gorgeous and Green Gala, A Forum for the City of L.A., Global Green Awards, NYC – the Future of Food 2015, and more. Upcoming events include the Eco Ambassador Program for interested individuals who want to bring the program to their own buildings.
More on Our Green Initiatives
At Toyota of Santa Monica, we’re committed to creating a culture of sustainability. That means not just helping our community by supporting local environmental causes, such as Heal the Bay or Global Green, or the Grades of Green educational program; it also means supporting other local businesses who share an environmental commitment as well. To that…
If there’s one thing that California has plenty of, it’s beaches. So how do you know which ones are safe to visit? Heal the Bay has created a Beach Report Card that allows you to check the water quality status at your favorite beach locations, making it easier for you to decide which ones to…
Global Green is an organization that’s focused on creating a “global value shift” in the direction of environmental sustainability. The three pillars of the organization’s focus include people, places, and the planet. Global Green currently has a number of vital projects designed to help make cities and neighborhoods more sustainable. Read on to learn more…