How Much Can a Toyota RAV4 Tow?
If you’re looking for a practical compact SUV that can power all of your adventures around Palms and Culver City, then Toyota Santa Monica has you covered. The 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity leaves little to be desired, and with many different trims to choose from, you won’t have any trouble finding a model that satisfies all of your needs:
- In its baseline configuration, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity is 1,500 pounds.
- With a Hybrid powertrain, your capacity will jump up to 1,750 pounds.
- Although this level of power is more than sufficient to tow a small aluminum boat or a basic pop-up tent trailer, those who often depart from the beaten path would be smart to upgrade.
- In the new-and-improved Adventure trim, the RAV4 towing capacity increases to 3,500 pounds. With this option, you’ll be able to tow a set of ATVs or a small boat with an outboard motor.
Your RAV4 payload limit will vary between 1,080 pounds and 1,240 pounds, depending on the trim which you select.
Toyota RAV4 Engine and Performance Features
- At the heart of any tow-ready vehicle is a dependable, powerful engine. In the RAV4, you’ll encounter a 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder engine paired with a 16-valve DOHC valvetrain. Non-hybrid models receive a Direct Shift 8-speed electronically-controlled transmission with Intelligence, while Hybrid models receive an ECVT.
- All models benefit from D-4S Dual Injection, variable valve timing with intelligence, and electronic throttle control. In non-hybrid models, you’ll be driven by 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. Hybrid models offer 219 total system horsepower with help from their electric motors.
- Drivers in the Playa Vista area should also be glad to learn that the RAV4 offers impressive fuel economy, too. FWD models get 26 mpg city and 35 mpg highway, while Hybrid drivers will enjoy up to 41 mpg city, 38 mpg highway*.
Toyota RAV4 Performance Features
All-wheel drive is either standard or available across the entire 2019 Toyota RAV4 lineup, but the system’s characteristics will vary depending on the trim you choose:
- L, LE, and XLE builds are available with a basic all-wheel drive system, so you can drive with confidence when you’re working against the ice and snow.
- The Adventure trim receives standard Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD), with a built-in Rear Driveline Disconnect. This system is well-suited for off-road driving, but it also facilitates a more engaging drive on pavement.
- TV-AWD is available as an upgrade in the high-end Limited trim, but FWD is standard here.
- All Hybrid models receive Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive as a standard feature. Unlike the other systems, it’s powered primarily by an electric motor.
We’ve barely scratched the surface of what sets the 2019 RAV4 apart! Here, we’ve listed some of the other features and specs that set it apart from rivals:
- Standard Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- Available Sand, Rock, Dirt, and Snow drive modes
- Active Cornering Assist
- Up to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12.0-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
Ready to Get Behind the Wheel?
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity is certainly impressive on paper, but if you really want to have a grasp of this compact SUV’s performance capabilities, there’s no substitute for time spent behind the wheel! Find a new RAV4 or a new RAV4 Hybrid for sale in Santa Monica today, then contact us to set up your test drive! Don’t forget to check out the exciting RAV4 color options before you visit!
Latest on Toyota Model Features
The 2020 Toyota Camry is an excellent option for Venice commuters thanks to its range of trim levels and configurations. Like the 2019 Camry, the seven trim levels of the Camry provide great customization choices – whether you opt for the base trim, L, or the performance-focused 2020 Camry XSE. Let’s explore the available Camry…
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 configurations are priced between $25,650 MSRP* and $33,650 MSRP*, and that means there’s a new Toyota RAV4 for everyone. No matter what kind of budget you’re working with or what RAV4 color you’re looking for, it’s easy to find a Toyota RAV4 trim level that has all the features you’re searching…
If you are thinking about purchasing a Toyota sedan in the Palms area, you are probably thinking, “How much is a Toyota Camry?” The Camry entry-level starts at $24,095 MSRP*, and includes a variety of features including the highly-praised Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P), V6 engine options, and an 8-inch multimedia touchscreen. Learn more about…